The Nightmare High website is operated and controlled by Channel Four Television Corporation ("Channel 4" and "we" and "us" and "our").
Specific Nightmare High website terms:
- Whilst the Nightmare High website is aimed at young people aged ten to thirteen if you are under the age of thirteen then you must ask your parent or guardian's permission to use and interact with the Nightmare High website. By using the Nightmare High website you promise to us that you have obtained this permission.
- You cannot communicate with others on the Nightmare High website and we do not ask you to register or provide any information to us (except as set out below) in order to interact with the Nightmare High website. If you are aged thirteen or over and have a Facebook account you can "like" certain content on the Nightmare High website.
- The Nightmare High website and all the content on the Nightmare High website belongs to Channel 4 or its licensors. You only have permission to use the Nightmare High website for your own personal and non-commercial purposes as the functionality of the Nightmare High website allows and you must not copy any content or software from the Nightmare High website or otherwise use the Nightmare High website or its content in an unauthorised way. You must not interfere with or hack (or attempt to interfere or hack) into any software or database associated or connected with the Nightmare High website or otherwise do or attempt to do anything else which is illegal or which would infringe our rights or any third party's rights.
- As part of the interaction with the Nightmare High website you will be asked to write a "letter to your future self" which will be shared with others. Guidance and information about this letter and its use and purpose is given on the Nightmare High website at the relevant part of the game. The letter may be made available to other players as part of the Nightmare High game. The letter will NOT be associated with you and no-one will know that the letter has come from you (including us). However, in respect of your letter:
- You confirm that you are happy for us to use your letter in any way we like whatsoever forever and to make it available to others as part of the Nightmare High game and elsewhere.
- Because the letter will be written in freetext you can say anything you like. However, all letters will be moderated and we will either not use letters that are not in accordance with the guidance on the Nightmare High website or these terms or we will edit them to take out any material we think is inappropriate. Please DO NOT:
- include your name or any personal details such as your address, email address or telephone numbers or the name or personal details of anyone else in your letter;
- use bad language or say bad or hateful things about other people or include any private or confidential information about yourself or anyone else;
- insert any pictures, website hyperlinks or any other content except the text content of your letter.
- If you would like to provide comments on Nightmare High, or you have any technical difficulties with the website, then you can use the form on the website to provide us with feedback. If you are under 16 years old, please ask your parent or guardian to submit your feedback using their email address. We are using a third party company, Wufoo, to collect the email address and comments you provide. However, only Channel 4 will have access to your email address and comments. Your details will be retained for the purposes of answering your feedback and for no other purpose. See Wufoo's website for more details here: http://wufoo.com.
- When saving your point in the game you can either simply write down the passcode provided or you can choose to enter your parent or guardian's email address and an automatic email to that address will be generated with the passcode. We will not keep a record of the email address that the passcode is sent to. Without your passcode you will not be able to go back to the game at the same point you left it, so make sure you don't lose it otherwise you will have to start all over again.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and use any contact details you provide us to respond to your correspondence.
- We will use tracking code (such as cookies) to:
- track your use of the Nightmare High website game during your session to enable the game to work i.e. to keep track of what you've done so far etc.
- gather analytical data and statistics about how the Nightmare High website is being used eg. so we can work out how many users have visited the website and the general location of those users, how many times an individual game has been played or video has been watched, how many people have completed various tasks and things like that;
More information about cookies can be found here: www.aboutcookies.org. As well as providing you with more general information about cookies, this site tells you how to amend your cookie settings on a number of different browsers.
- The specific cookies that may be set when you visit the Nightmare High website are listed below:
Cookie Name Purpose Sessionid Unique identifier given to each session, this cookie acts as a key for associating your player data with your current browser session. Csrftoken Unique identifier used to validate form submissions and to prevent cross site scripting attacks. IPE_RG_743
Channel 4 uses Omniture, a web analytics service. These cookies are set to allow the gathering of analytical data and statistics about the use of the website. (YouTube cookies)
YouTube is used by the website to store and show video content. These cookies are set by YouTube to track usage of its services.
- The terms above (and any matter or dispute of whatever nature connected to these terms) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the English Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
- 10. Channel 4 is located at 124 Horseferry Road, London, United Kingdom, SW1P 2TX and you can contact Channel 4 about these terms at www.channel4.com/help.